Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air4 Volume Control Via Bluetooth Beats Studio3

When I press volume up or down on my Beats Studio3's they adjust the headphone managed amplification, but do not move the volume slider on the iPad? When I pair them to my iPhone XR, they work as expected, pressing volume up or down on the left ear piece adjusts the volume slider on the iPhone.

On the iPad Air 4, pressing the volume up/down seems to adjust the sound only on the headphones, not on the iPad slider, and for that song only. When the next song starts playing from Apple Music, it resets to the volume setting on the Beats to the iPad volume and removes the adjustment made by the headphones.

I've tried removing the headphone pairing, done a hard reset of the headphones, and re-paired on the iPad Aid 4, also checked that the Reduce Sound Limits is disabled (Also tried enabled and set slider to max 100 decibels)

Beats are Model number A1914 Version 2.4.4.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 4:12 AM

I had rebooted the iPad (Volume Up/Volume Down, press and hold Power until apple logo) before making any changes. Played with the settings as listed above to no effect. Made the post above, and then rebooted iPad again, and it started controlling the audio from the headphones!? Whatever I changed, it never took effect until I rebooted, but it now works as expected! Volume up/down on the left earpiece of the Beats Studio3 now makes the volume slide on the iPad move.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 4:12 AM in response to BigBonza

I had rebooted the iPad (Volume Up/Volume Down, press and hold Power until apple logo) before making any changes. Played with the settings as listed above to no effect. Made the post above, and then rebooted iPad again, and it started controlling the audio from the headphones!? Whatever I changed, it never took effect until I rebooted, but it now works as expected! Volume up/down on the left earpiece of the Beats Studio3 now makes the volume slide on the iPad move.

iPad Air4 Volume Control Via Bluetooth Beats Studio3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.