Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MAC MINI Bluetooth connections problem

I have the new MAC MINI. Bluetooth connections keep failing after the unit sleeps or shuts down. is this a common problem?.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 7:26 PM

Hi Derfo1234,

We understand that Bluetooth connections fail when your Mac mini falls asleep or shuts down. We'd like to help.

It can be expected for Bluetooth to not work when your Mac mini is sleeping or powered off. However, are you referring to when your Mac mini is powered back on, or when you wake it from sleep, your existing Bluetooth devices no longer show paired or connected?

If so, are you able to pair them back to your Mac mini, or reconnect them again without issue? Do you experience this behavior with all Bluetooth accessories connected, or only certain ones? Which macOS version is your Mac mini running? Go to the Apple Menu > About This Mac, to confirm.

We also suggest checking for wireless interference which can cause connectivity issues with Bluetooth: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support.

Keep us posted.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 7:26 PM in response to Derfo1234

Hi Derfo1234,

We understand that Bluetooth connections fail when your Mac mini falls asleep or shuts down. We'd like to help.

It can be expected for Bluetooth to not work when your Mac mini is sleeping or powered off. However, are you referring to when your Mac mini is powered back on, or when you wake it from sleep, your existing Bluetooth devices no longer show paired or connected?

If so, are you able to pair them back to your Mac mini, or reconnect them again without issue? Do you experience this behavior with all Bluetooth accessories connected, or only certain ones? Which macOS version is your Mac mini running? Go to the Apple Menu > About This Mac, to confirm.

We also suggest checking for wireless interference which can cause connectivity issues with Bluetooth: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support.

Keep us posted.

Dec 9, 2020 8:07 PM in response to Shea_34

It's the latest version Big Sur 11.01. I just updated it a few nights ago. When the unit sleeps it my mouse and keyboard disconnect and I have to unplug the unit in order to reconnect them. The advisor from Apple suggested that. A little earlier I read about the cables and the interference which can occur. I moved the Mini and will see if this worked by tomorrow morning. From what I read this has been a problem since 2018 and It is continuing w/ their newest unit. Thanks for your help and advice.

New MAC MINI Bluetooth connections problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.