Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

During Downtime, contacts not “specific contacts” are still available to contact

User of the device with Screen Time Downtime limitations is still able to communicate with contacts not designated as “Specific Contacts.” I have setup the limitation so that only “Specific Contacts” can be contacted during Downtime, but there seems to be a bug in the system and the user of the device has been able to contact them still. I’m not sure if this has to do with the Downtime hours or not. When I had them set for 8:45 PM to 7 AM, it seems to work. But when I have the hours set for 8:45 PM to 3:30 PM so that Downtime extends through the night and school time, that appears to be when this occurs. Please advise.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 11:51 PM

In Screen Time on your Mac, you can set limits for communications during screen time and downtime. The limits you set apply to phone calls, FaceTime, Messages and iCloud contacts. A parent or guardian can also request permission to manage a child's iCloud contacts.

Set up communication limits in Screen Time on Mac - Apple ..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 11:51 PM in response to DL1012

In Screen Time on your Mac, you can set limits for communications during screen time and downtime. The limits you set apply to phone calls, FaceTime, Messages and iCloud contacts. A parent or guardian can also request permission to manage a child's iCloud contacts.

Set up communication limits in Screen Time on Mac - Apple ..

During Downtime, contacts not “specific contacts” are still available to contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.