In Screentime > Communication Limits > During Downtime, don't have the option to toggle "Allow contact editing" off

In Screentime > Communication Limits > During Downtime, for one of my children I have the option to toggle "Allow contact editing" but not for the other. Anyone have an idea why this is?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 14, 2023 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 8:29 AM

Easy solve, but was on over an hour with Apple support.

In my continual tweaking of the Screen Time settings for my daughter's account I had accidentally toggled off the "Use Screen Time Passcode" option.

Here are my tips for anyone else who encounters trouble with it NOT showing the "Allow contact editing" toggle in Screen Time:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 8:29 AM in response to ace1018

Easy solve, but was on over an hour with Apple support.

In my continual tweaking of the Screen Time settings for my daughter's account I had accidentally toggled off the "Use Screen Time Passcode" option.

Here are my tips for anyone else who encounters trouble with it NOT showing the "Allow contact editing" toggle in Screen Time:

May 16, 2023 8:13 AM in response to AED1971

Hello AED1971,

There are some basic troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue. We recommend trying the following:

First, make sure everyone is using the latest version of iOS 16 and macOS 12.

You can learn how to update iPhone and iPad here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can learn how to update Mac here: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Next, make sure that iCloud Contacts is enabled for your children.

Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

If the issue continues, Get Support from Apple Support.

Thanks.

May 18, 2023 7:48 AM in response to mingoslkd

I thought I share what worked for me. This issue took a while for me to figure out and wasn’t able to find any solution on the web. The solution is to sync Contacts to iCloud. If you have the Screentime on, which is probably the case, temporary allow account change then go to Settings—>yourname—>iCould. There make sure Contacts is on. I hope this helps.

In Screentime > Communication Limits > During Downtime, don't have the option to toggle "Allow contact editing" off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.