Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allow Contact Editing

I am having the same issue as other parents with switching off ALLOW CONTACT EDITING in my son’s phone. I’ve used all the methods provided by support such as turning off screen time and restarting phone and resetting screen time again. I even cleared out the phone’s cache.

It just kept going back to allowing contact edit. This is a bug that needs to be fixed for the next round of software update. Please look into it quickly or it will make screen time ineffective. Thank you.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 8:20 PM

5 replies

Jul 4, 2022 8:38 PM in response to screentime2022

screentime2022 Said:

"Allow Contact Editing: I am having the same issue as other parents with switching off ALLOW CONTACT EDITING in my son’s phone. I’ve used all the methods provided by support such as turning off screen time and restarting phone and resetting screen time again. I even cleared out the phone’s cache. It just kept going back to allowing contact edit. This is a bug that needs to be fixed for the next round of software update. Please look into it quickly or it will make screen time ineffective. Thank you."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Being suspicious of a bug, most certainly this bug to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Allow Contact Editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.