Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit position for notifications HELP.

I would like to see notifications about movements/lights in my house when I’m not at home. To explain my problem I’m going to write what I do on homekit app. I touch in the left-up corner on the house symbol, then “home settings”, and then in the section “person” there is only me with “invite persons” below. If I touch here I can see the other members of my family that I could invite, but they don’t use homekit, so I’m the only user. When I want to activate notification of a device (a movement sensor), i open, below of this section “persons”, on “Sensors” and then I turn on “notifications on this iPhone”, and a window appears below. Here there is for first “schedule” and for second “persons”. I can modify only the first, the schedule, but NOT the persons. And I would set that if my position is not home, to turn on notifications, but I can’t set this.

So, I don’t konw how to do, because the position on settings of the iPhone is turned on, I have an Apple TV as hub for remote controle, the notifications of the Home app, on iPhone settings are turned on ... I don’t know what I can do more. Maybe the problem is that I’m part of a family and if I don’t invite them I can not set the notifications ?

I’m sorry if the terms doesn’t concide with the real ones in the app, but I’m italian and I translate letter by letter, hoping that also in english ther are the same words.

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:03 PM

Hi again Piccid99,

Thanks for the screenshot and additional information. If you look at your Location Services settings, is your Home app set to always allow? If it is set to anything else it may not work for location based alerts. Learn more here: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We hope this helps!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:03 PM in response to Piccid99

Hi again Piccid99,

Thanks for the screenshot and additional information. If you look at your Location Services settings, is your Home app set to always allow? If it is set to anything else it may not work for location based alerts. Learn more here: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We hope this helps!

Dec 10, 2020 5:18 AM in response to Piccid99

Hi there Piccid99,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities and for the great explanation of what you are trying to do. It sounds like you want to get notifications for your movements and lights when you are not home. To do that “Time” (or "schedule" as you have it written) would be “Any” and then you should be able to change “People” to “When I am not home” Learn more here: Get notifications for your HomeKit accessories.

We hope this helps!

Dec 10, 2020 11:59 PM in response to karina184

Really thank you for the answer, and yes that’s the problem. I’m going also to add a screenshot, and you can see that the section “People” is veiled and I can not modify it. Maybe I have to check the settings of the locacion on the Apple TV ? Beacuse on my IPhone everything is correct, in fact I already turned on “share my position” and so I can’t understand why it doesn’t work.

You can see through my screenshot that I can modify only “time”. It’s in italian obviously and the translations are, going from top to the bottom: “movement sensor (room)” - “notifications on this iPhone” - “time” - “People”.

What can I do more ?

Thank you !

Homekit position for notifications HELP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.