You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any solution to the "No iOS device detected" message when trying to use Move to iOS?

I'm switching from Android to the iPhone and trying to use Move to iOS to transfer my data to the new phone. I've tried all of the suggestions in the related article. I've even verified that the new iPhone is connecting to my home WiFi network, so the WiFi seems to be functioning. The Android device is reporting "excellent" signal strength for the iPhone when trying to connect to it for the transfer, but the "Move" app always gives the following message:

"No iOS device detected. Make sure your iOS device is nearby and in setup".

It is in setup. I just received it and chose the "Move Data from Android" option during setup. It gives me a code which I enter into the "Move" app, but the two devices fail to connect successfully. Both devices have the SIM card installed, but I have not "activated" the SIM in the new phone yet because I'm transferring my phone number and want to completely setup the new phone before disabling my old one.

I've rebooted both, turned off cellular data on the Android, etc. Nothing seems to work. ANY suggestions? I REALLY would like to move all my old data, photos and messages over to the new phone.

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 9:32 AM

I needed my phone right so I’ve already entered my contacts manually and downloaded each app manually. I really wanted to transfer my previous messages, but since that was impossible using all of the support information available (since the app had unexplained errors), I proceeded without them. I don’t need any additional support on this issue (but others will), since I would have to erase everything to try your “Move” app again.

Thanks for the effort.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2020 9:32 AM in response to Leanne_68

I needed my phone right so I’ve already entered my contacts manually and downloaded each app manually. I really wanted to transfer my previous messages, but since that was impossible using all of the support information available (since the app had unexplained errors), I proceeded without them. I don’t need any additional support on this issue (but others will), since I would have to erase everything to try your “Move” app again.

Thanks for the effort.

Dec 10, 2020 8:19 AM in response to RookieSailor

Hello RookieSailor.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re getting an error when trying to move content from your Android phone to your iPhone. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps in the section titled “If you need help with the transfer” here: Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support If you are still unable too move the content from your your Android to your iPhone, we recommend you try the steps here: Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Any solution to the "No iOS device detected" message when trying to use Move to iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.