Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not transferred to new phone when backup restored.

I backed up my old phone to iCloud. I then restored the back up to the new iPhones XS. But much of the music I had is not on the new phone. I’m told that music downloaded from iTunes etc would not be backed up nor restored. How am I to recover all this music I paid for? If the music is on my phone it’s mine and should be backed up. Every time I get a new phone I have to endure losing hundreds of songs and albums? How do I get them back?

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 11:01 AM

Robr8 wrote:

I backed up my old phone to iCloud. I then restored the back up to the new iPhones XS. But much of the music I had is not on the new phone. I’m told that music downloaded from iTunes etc would not be backed up nor restored. How am I to recover all this music I paid for? If the music is on my phone it’s mine and should be backed up. Every time I get a new phone I have to endure losing hundreds of songs and albums? How do I get them back?

click here Redownload music - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 11:01 AM in response to Robr8

Robr8 wrote:

click here Redownload music - Apple Support

Music not transferred to new phone when backup restored.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.