Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Help won't open any more

I was in the midst of a session today and went to open Help, but got this lovely error:

There is no application set to open the URL help:openbook=com.apple.logic10.help.

Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or choose an existing application on your computer.

What is that supposed to mean?

Running Logic 10.4.8 on an iMac running High Sierra.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 2:38 PM

macOS has a system-wide feature called HelpBook. It is like a building-in manual for most of the Mac apps. When you select the Help option in the Main Menu, it opens that app and downloads the available pages for that app. That is what you see on the floating window that opens (the Help Viewer).

My guess is that something get messed up on your drive regarding those files and Logic can't access those files. You can try to use the Help command in other apps like Safari.

I would contact Apple Care. Hopefully they can walk you through to fix it.

Hope that helps,

Edgar Rothermich

Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM)

www.LogicProGEM.com

https://www.youtube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 2:38 PM in response to mudbucker

macOS has a system-wide feature called HelpBook. It is like a building-in manual for most of the Mac apps. When you select the Help option in the Main Menu, it opens that app and downloads the available pages for that app. That is what you see on the floating window that opens (the Help Viewer).

My guess is that something get messed up on your drive regarding those files and Logic can't access those files. You can try to use the Help command in other apps like Safari.

I would contact Apple Care. Hopefully they can walk you through to fix it.

Hope that helps,

Edgar Rothermich

Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM)

www.LogicProGEM.com

https://www.youtube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/

Logic Help won't open any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.