Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage

recently one of my contacts now shows up in my list of messages, on the top of my list & has a grey circle with her initials.

Does this have something to do with the latest update?

why just her contact? Can I change how her info appears to the same as everyone else again?

thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 3:10 AM

iOS 14 has a feature with Messages and that is pinning the contact at the top. That is what you are seeing.

You TOUCH and HOLD on that contact until a sub-menu appears. Choose UNPIN and the contact will be like everyone else.

By the way, if may pin several frequently used contacts at the top for ease of retrieval if you want.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 3:10 AM in response to treeshaok

iOS 14 has a feature with Messages and that is pinning the contact at the top. That is what you are seeing.

You TOUCH and HOLD on that contact until a sub-menu appears. Choose UNPIN and the contact will be like everyone else.

By the way, if may pin several frequently used contacts at the top for ease of retrieval if you want.

Axel F.

imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.