Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone in messages thinks I am one of my contacts

When I am in messages (texting) One of my contacts is at the top with his initials, instead of mine, like it is his phone

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 1:19 PM

this is the same of the screen I sent to you above, when you see one of your contact’s above all the conversations that means it’s pinned, if you want to learn how to do that:

1. In Messages, tap Edit or the More button .
  2. Tap Edit Pins , then tap the Pin button .
  3. Tap Done.

You can also touch and hold a conversation to pin it. In iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and later, you can pin up to nine conversations.

if you want to unpin it you can simply follow the steps above and tap unpin instead of pin .

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 1:19 PM in response to mavan

this is the same of the screen I sent to you above, when you see one of your contact’s above all the conversations that means it’s pinned, if you want to learn how to do that:

1. In Messages, tap Edit or the More button .
  2. Tap Edit Pins , then tap the Pin button .
  3. Tap Done.

You can also touch and hold a conversation to pin it. In iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and later, you can pin up to nine conversations.

if you want to unpin it you can simply follow the steps above and tap unpin instead of pin .

Jan 26, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Iafeef

Took me awhile to figure out a screen shot on my phone to my computer . Where it says "PM" Phil who is one of my contacts, it should say "MV" Mary. That is me. This is at the top of my text messaging. All those texts are from or to me below. And strangely enough, Phil's texts aren't showing.

my phone in messages thinks I am one of my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.