Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts still sending iMessage, though I'm now on Android.

I'm longer on an iPhone. Some users are still sending me iMessages. I did "deregister from iMessage"; it says my # isn't registered.

I had one friend delete and re-enter my phone number (which hasn't changed) but her iPhone still tries to send me an iMessage. What can I tell her to do?

BTW, the messages go to my Mac, where I don't see them for months, sometimes. Is there something i should do on my Mac, also?

Thanks.

Paul

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 12:36 AM

thanks, but now it's resolved.

I told my friend the following:

the only other thing which I've heard of trying is for you to 

* delete my contact entirely, 

* confirm that it doesn't know about me (not sure how. Maybe try entering my phone number and making sure that my name doesn't pop up?), and then to 

* create a new contact (and probably vary the name slightly, eg "cousin Paul" or something, and then a

* add my phone number.

She did the above and it worked! Now she can message me from her iPhone and it arrives to my android as a text.

paul

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 12:36 AM in response to Leanne_68

thanks, but now it's resolved.

I told my friend the following:

the only other thing which I've heard of trying is for you to 

* delete my contact entirely, 

* confirm that it doesn't know about me (not sure how. Maybe try entering my phone number and making sure that my name doesn't pop up?), and then to 

* create a new contact (and probably vary the name slightly, eg "cousin Paul" or something, and then a

* add my phone number.

She did the above and it worked! Now she can message me from her iPhone and it arrives to my android as a text.

paul

Contacts still sending iMessage, though I'm now on Android.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.