Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

message assistance

hello

a friend keeps sending texts to my email. when she starts a new message my email is the first option in the contact list that appears (phone number is 2nd option). she's always in a rush so just takes the first option and subsequently I don't get notified of an incoming text since it goes to email which doesn't notify.

in my own contacts list when I start a new message I only see the phone number option for the recipient.

anyone know of a way to change the

phone so that the only option is the phone number for a contact in text/imessage? I don't know what version of iOS she has or the model of her iPhone. Thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 1:55 PM

whyhowwhat wrote:

and subsequently I don't get notified of an incoming text since it goes to email which doesn't notify.

This is absolutely incorrect!

First, please understand the various types of messages.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

So since you said: “a friend keeps sending texts to my email” (she is not sending email; she is sending a message), that means she has sent you an iMessage and chosen to use your Apple ID (an email address) instead of your telephone number as the addressee.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 1:55 PM in response to whyhowwhat

whyhowwhat wrote:

and subsequently I don't get notified of an incoming text since it goes to email which doesn't notify.

This is absolutely incorrect!

First, please understand the various types of messages.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

So since you said: “a friend keeps sending texts to my email” (she is not sending email; she is sending a message), that means she has sent you an iMessage and chosen to use your Apple ID (an email address) instead of your telephone number as the addressee.

message assistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.