Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent text goes to one recipient's email instead of their mobile number?

I used to send texts to this one recipient with no issues; last one was July 2020. Those all appeared to go thru as iMessages. Then is Aug 2021 I sent them a text and it went through as an email to their email account. For some reason that msg showed up as green/SMS msg on my iphone, instead of blue/imsg as previously. I have this same recipient on a group text with another person and all texts there go directly to their phone as a text and show up as blue/imsg when I send. Last msgs sent there were Dec. 2021.

When I attempt to text this person individually the text automatically defaults to their email address. It doesn't matter if I attempt to create the text in the Message app, or if I open the contact's information under the phone app, and click on Message. I'm on IOS 15.1. How do I resolve?

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 9:51 AM

Fixed it.

That person sent me a test text, which I received. I responded back from the Message app with a test text which he also got. I then tried texting him from the Phone app, Contacts, and that also went to his phone text, not email. Resolved.

1 reply

Sent text goes to one recipient's email instead of their mobile number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.