You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SDErrorDomain error 104

trying to install Big Sur on 2019 27” iMac. Endless errors and reboots, now I am not able to set Macintosh HD as startup disk (SDErrorDomain error 104) I keep ended up on recovery screen. Reinstall OS shows only Big Sur, which will not install. I am in a loop as it will install ⅔ and then go back to recovery mode.

And no, I dont know what I am doing. I have NEVER had an update end this way

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:32 PM

Any solution? I am facing the same issue. Please help

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 16, 2020 2:29 PM in response to dheeraj304red

The only thing that worked for me was to erase macintosh HD and macintosh HD data and eventually was able to connect to internet recovery which reinstalled mac OS Mojave - before erasing, I used target disk mode and copied my user file so as not to lose data. I am just grateful that mojave is working and my hardware was not damaged. It will be quite some time before I attempt Big Sur.

SDErrorDomain error 104

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.