Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 webcam problem

Hello I just bought an MacBook Air whit the M1 processor, after I instal the latest update from Big Sur I try the webcam and I see its not working properly. The camera display vertical lines on 4 different apps I try. face time, messenger, camera booth etc. After I speak with customer support I ty different things to try fixing the problem, I run apple hardware analysis(didn't find any issue), I was booting the system in safe mode, I reinstalled Big Sur all with no results. From my opinion seams a software issue because the lines are not displayed all the time for example on the withe wall from my back the lines disappear.https://youtu.be/n7hSZzUq0Hk

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 10:42 AM

Hey Miclausi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble with your Mac camera. We'd like to help out.

Try the steps in this article that pertain to your issue:

If your built-in camera isn’t working on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

Similar questions

10 replies

Jan 29, 2021 7:44 PM in response to Branta_uk

I have this exact same problem (as posted by HarryCoach345) . Been on the line with apple support, reinstalled OS, there isn't any software using it (software can't access it). Tried everything on the page suggested except system management controller (SMC). If I need to do something like that on a brand new machine I feel like I have a lemon.

Freaked out by two full days of troubleshooting I just decided last night to return it. So disappointed. I really need it and am not sure what I will do next, if I should bother reordering or wait it out until the next model.

MacBook Air M1 webcam problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.