Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ineligible songs

I have a playlist I play often and it's in iTunes. Now I want to sync the entire playlist and I find more than half of it with double clouds and a slash. Means it's ineligible for the iCloud library I guess. I tried disabling the Cloud library on my iPod and iTunes and syncing. Only the ones that were eligible for the Cloud Library transferred to my device. How to I fix this? I've spent days trying to figure this out. I'm afraid to do anything with the music on my iPhone as I may lose most of it due to this issue with iCloud Library. Help!

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:55 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 11, 2020 4:37 PM in response to Diane1349

Hello Diane1349,

It sounds like you need some help syncing your playlist. We will be happy to help.

You mentioned that you're seeing two clouds and a slash for some of your songs, if this is the case, it means you have duplicate versions of the same song in your music library on your computer. Duplicate songs aren't uploaded and synced across your devices.

Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC

This article can help you locate and declutter any duplicates: Find duplicate items in Music on Mac

The best way to get your music synced across all devices is to use Sync Library. This article can assist with that: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Please have a look and let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Ineligible songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.