Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini 2018 no power after memory upgrade

I have upgraded my mac mini 2018 to 16 gb memory and connect everything properly but no power (no led, no fan spin anything) and I put original memories back properly but still no power. The logic board seems fine.

What should I do?

If something happened such as power supply etc. does it repairable (warranty or not does not matter)?

Thank you for your helps.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 5:34 PM

Hi there trK54Ylmz,

We understand that your Mac mini will no longer power on after you installed additional memory. We’d like to help however we can.

To start, follow this great resource:

If your Mac doesn't turn on

If this continue after reviewing that article, then we would recommend that you have your Mac inspected for service.

Mac Service and Repair

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 5:34 PM in response to trK54Ylmz

Hi there trK54Ylmz,

We understand that your Mac mini will no longer power on after you installed additional memory. We’d like to help however we can.

To start, follow this great resource:

If your Mac doesn't turn on

If this continue after reviewing that article, then we would recommend that you have your Mac inspected for service.

Mac Service and Repair

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Cheers!

Mac Mini 2018 no power after memory upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.