Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Macbook

Hi, I've just had my macbook pro stolen. It's quite an old machine and running El Capitan. I'm not quite sure what information I have on it but its logged into my icloud. I've read a few articles on what to do but have ended up feeling confused.

I've locked the device using FindMy and have also read i should update my passwords. However, if I update my icloud password will it disable the FindMy, therefore cancel any request?

The machine is switched off and probably extremely low on battery as given the age it doesn't last long without plugging it in.

Could someone advise on what to do?

many thanks

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 6:53 AM

You wrote -

I've locked the device using FindMy and have also read i should update my passwords. However, if I update my icloud password will it disable the FindMy, therefore cancel any request?

No .

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204756

1 reply

Stolen Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.