Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to empty trash can - Says Macintosh HD in use...

There are a lot of files in their, most got emptied, but all these appear to have a folder structure, with Macintosh HD with some with Library and under that again, Application Support and another folder Preferences.

I'm stuck... tried the usual googling for info, and also tried various things, but none have worked. I'm trying to get this ready for passing it on, and am currently downloading a bootable disk for High Sierra 10.13.6 - my current system. This is a 27" Mid 2010 Mac that works perfectly except this.

Any thoughts please?

Carol Weaver

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 8:03 AM

Thank you for your help. Decided looking at the results from Etrecheck to go to a complete new install. Did it with the 7 pass erase and reinstalled software and advertised it before lunch and it sold during and was collected afterwards. It had an empty trash can!!!

cheers

Carol

Similar questions

14 replies

Dec 7, 2020 9:47 AM in response to carolweavee

Still in use???

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report if you capture the URL while there…

https://pastebin.com/

Whew, they've changed pastebin & made it harder, but after pasting in, click Create new paste button, then Embed button, then copy the URL...

<script src="https://pastebin.com/embed_js/KuvnghqA"></script>

The important part is...

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/KuvnghqA

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Dec 7, 2020 6:41 AM in response to BDAqua

If I knew the answer it would help I’m surprised as probably you. No I only have one but I’ve just bought a Mac book air with a new chip.

I have got a back up using Time Machine, but never had to use it in earnest, so just hope everything is there.

My thought, as I couldn’t delete it was to download and make a bootable disk of high sierra and a do fresh install. Hoping in that way it gets rid of the problem.

Was just hoping that the members on here might have an easier option first.

Thank you

Carol

Dec 7, 2020 2:43 PM in response to BDAqua

Update

Etrecheck has finished running, says Major Issues and Minor Issues... I had a quick look but quick, as I then went to see how to post it to Pastebin.

Hit a problem have created an account, and pasted it in, but no symbol as you show in above text. So find no paste button to add, and not sure where the bit about /embed etc goes...

Any suggestions please.

I am off to bed shortly, so will try to sort it tomorrow.

Major Issues

These are major issues identified by EtreCheck. Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention. If you cannot resolve these issues by yourself, contact Apple Support or post a question on Apple Support Communities and include your EtreCheck report.

I can suggest that perhaps you can see it on Etrecheck - my name on pastebin is Corconx. can you see it that way?

If not I await your thoughts tomorrow. Good night and thanks again.

Carol

Dec 8, 2020 3:35 PM in response to carolweavee

Pastebin just makes my jib a lot easier. :)

Delete these files & restart, they are chaff hanging from partially deleted Apps...

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bombich.ccc.scheduledtask.BFA675EE-C21B-4C0F-8FC8-AC7E0D9FE8BB.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bombich.ccc.scheduledtask.6D5C87BC-4BBC-4DE8-B6A1-3C42FA05B47F.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bombich.ccc.scheduledtask.5B9DB3D1-71AE-4A4B-A48D-68C4E74E13FD.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bombich.ccc.scheduledtask.F8F99BB0-C80F-438F-8EBC-2F96B20A4985.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.teamviewer.teamviewer_service.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bombich.ccc.scheduledtask.147A8A94-8853-4924-9ED5-E1DCFBB193AE.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.teamviewer.teamviewer.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bombich.ccc.scheduledtask.A09F1B94-B4A1-449F-8D54-EB5AB7B84DF7.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.teamviewer.teamviewer_desktop.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bombich.ccc.scheduledtask.42E68517-52D3-4290-B47A-095829139B66.plist

Unable to empty trash can - Says Macintosh HD in use...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.