Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail - My POP email's SENT/BIN/JUNK/INBOX has disappeared after Big Sur Upgrade

Hi there,

I have 5 accounts in Mac Mail with my main one the only being POP, all the others are IMAP.

While trying to sort out a folder problem where sub-folders were missing, I lost all my emails but have recovered them I think, through the import Mailbox option. When I set the IMAP ones up, they all have an individual IN/SENT/JUNK/DRAFTS/BIN folders. The POP account doesn't and shows up only in All Inboxes. I've removed the account and re-added it and it's still the same.

If I delete an email to see where it goes, I've no idea but when I search for it by keyword, it says it's in the BIN folder (through the location text top right of email) but I don't know where. I want to add the BIN folder to that account and all the other sub-folders but not sure how.

Any ideas please...

BTW, with the problems I had, I deleted the com.apple.mail.plist file, which some have suggested is as good as re-installing it. It did help in that before I deleted it, any action I did on Mail such as Get New Mail, Compose Message would be queued up (shown by 2 finger click on dock icon).

I have all my mailboxes saved but can't understand why Mail would remove these sub-folders unless it's because it's a POP account.

It's getting to the point now that I will switch to Outlook and only use Mac Mail to refer to old emails, but I'm not keen on that idea.

Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:44 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mac Mail - My POP email's SENT/BIN/JUNK/INBOX has disappeared after Big Sur Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.