Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning wheel in Macmail

I am operating Big Sur 11.6.7

I will explain step by step what I have done

• I accidentally deleted a folder - containing many subfolders and e-mails in my Macmail
  • Looked everywhere but could not find it - thought I might find it in libraries but was not sure what to look at
  • rang APPLE CARE and after over an hour of checking - I gave him access to my screen, i suggested we do restore from my backup back onto my same USER to an earlier time which I knew was there
  • Restored Ok and file missing file was there - hooray
  • Now - every time I open Macmail, I get a spinning wheel again which affects the operation of any program I get - so obviously Macmail is still the problem
  • rang APPLECARE again and they suggested I re-install BigSur so it would give me the latest updates
  • I did a complete install of Big Sur - rebooted and had another look
  • STILL THE SAME
  • I decided to turn off macmail and computer runs WELL - NO SPINNING WHEEL!
  • I know there is something wrong with my Macmail because when I had it on, my e-mails on my Iphone did not sync - using IMap as they used to
  • I am writing to the communities because to be honest I don't think APPLE Care rep looked at it deep enough to fix fault and I have had good results from the communities in the past
  • i am happy to use ETRECHECK so you can have a look at the proble.
  • THANK YOU FOR LISTENING

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 12:23 PM

One more thing - my storage on my HD has decreased greatly since I restored - only 153GB left from1TB drive

Similar questions

1 reply

Spinning wheel in Macmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.