Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any REAL solution for the Silence While iPhone is Locked?

Out of all these years, as of today I am all of a sudden dealing with this darn idiotic feature. Does anyone know how to PERMANENTLY turn this off other than switching from Apple products? I should not have to keep my phone unlocked to receive phone calls, nor should I have to drill into settings to state I want to receive calls from EVERYONE just to keep my phone from basically ignoring calls when they come in. This is truly a bizarre feature and makes no sense as to why it was ever added without additional options to have perhaps a "NEVER" instead of just "Always" and "While iPhone is Locked" on this device. This should work in conjunction with DO NOT DISTURB...

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:32 AM

The setting that you describe only works with Do Not Disturb. If Do Not Disturb is turned off, then that setting has no bearing on your phone. If you look in Settings>Phone, make sure that you have Silence Unknown Callers turned off. That will silence calls from people not in your Contacts.

When Do Not Disturb is turned on, Always means Do Not Disturb will silence notifications always, whether the iPhone is locked or not, and While Phone is locked will only silence calls when the phone is locked. When Do Not Disturb is turned off, then those settings don't matter. Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 8:32 AM in response to Jazzlady S

The setting that you describe only works with Do Not Disturb. If Do Not Disturb is turned off, then that setting has no bearing on your phone. If you look in Settings>Phone, make sure that you have Silence Unknown Callers turned off. That will silence calls from people not in your Contacts.

When Do Not Disturb is turned on, Always means Do Not Disturb will silence notifications always, whether the iPhone is locked or not, and While Phone is locked will only silence calls when the phone is locked. When Do Not Disturb is turned off, then those settings don't matter. Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Any REAL solution for the Silence While iPhone is Locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.