Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 6 cellular series disconnecting

Hello everyone

i bought an Apple watch cellular 6 series 3 week ago, and most of the time i am connected to WIFI and everything is good.

when i am running without my iPhone (only with the watch) and using it's cellular internet, it keeps disconnecting from the network every time, and while running, i need to turn back on the cellular setting and everything is working fine again.

i checked for version update, i check with the SIM card (my phone is working perfectly fine), i got help with articles from the Apple care App but it still keeps on disconnecting.

is it possible the watch broken? maybe a constant bug? somebody else is having this problem?

please help!

much appreciation,

Liro

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 6:45 AM

hey everyone! i have found the answer!

it's seems that there is a setting that puts the watch on ''power saving mode'' and disconnect it from the internet. once you cancel it, it's working fine.

via the watch, go to settings -> workout -> and turn off the ''power saving mode'' that disconnect the cellular during walking and running workouts.

life is good.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 6:45 AM in response to vi_online

hey everyone! i have found the answer!

it's seems that there is a setting that puts the watch on ''power saving mode'' and disconnect it from the internet. once you cancel it, it's working fine.

via the watch, go to settings -> workout -> and turn off the ''power saving mode'' that disconnect the cellular during walking and running workouts.

life is good.

Dec 12, 2020 2:47 PM in response to Liro89

Hello Liro89,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with the cellular connection on your Apple Watch. We're happy to help.

We recommend checking out the helpful information in the footnote 4 at the bottom of the article here: Use your Apple Watch when your iPhone is not nearby

Additionally, if the issue occurs in the same area you may want to reach out to your carrier to see if there are any network issues. The section "Before you start" can help ensure all requirements are met for your Apple Watch cellular data to work as expected, in the article here: Set up cellular on Apple Watch

Cheers!

Dec 14, 2020 11:15 AM in response to Liro89

Hi Liro89,

Thanks for the information. Were you also able to calibrate your Apple Watch as recommend in footnote 4 of the article provided? If needed, you can also find those steps directly here: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Additionally, were you able to confirm if the cellular connection issue occurs in the same area? If so, have you contacted your carrier about the issue as well?

Best!

Mar 13, 2021 6:39 PM in response to JoeNaik

Please tell me someone has figured out this issue. I have literally spent at least 20 hours on the phone with both Apple and my cell provider back and forth over weeks and weeks trying every possible thing to fix it. of course Apple says it's not the watch it's my carrier, my carrier says it's not them it's the watch. i've even sent my watch in for repair to which it was sent back stating no repair was done and that nothing is wrong with it. and my watch just continues to disconnect itself from cellular and then i have to get a new sim from my carrier, unpair and erase everything and start over. it'll work for a couple of hours and then loses everything again. i'm at my breaking point but i don't know if it's the watch or the carrier. i have t-mobile as i saw someone else above does too. so i'm wondering if everyone that has this issue has t-mobile? is there a permanent fix?

Mar 13, 2021 6:41 PM in response to Liro89

Please tell me someone has figured out this issue. I have literally

spent at least 20 hours on the phone with both Apple and my cell

provider back and forth over weeks and weeks trying every possible thing

to fix it. of course Apple says it's not the watch it's my carrier, my

carrier says it's not them it's the watch. i've even sent my watch in

for repair to which it was sent back stating no repair was done and that

nothing is wrong with it. and my watch just continues to disconnect

itself from cellular and then i have to get a new sim from my carrier,

unpair and erase everything and start over. it'll work for a couple of

hours and then loses everything again. i'm at my breaking point but i

don't know if it's the watch or the carrier. i have t-mobile as i saw

someone else above does too. so i'm wondering if everyone that has this

issue has t-mobile? is there a permanent fix?

May 1, 2021 2:40 PM in response to vi_online

I have this issue and I have Verizon. My issue is exactly the same as yours. My husband has the same phone and same watch and has not had one issue. I have been through two watches and have reset my phone and watches several times and still having the problem. I’m starting to believe it’s an issue with the phone. I tried what the user below suggested and mine was already off, so it can’t be that. Verizon and Apple just keep recommending a reset, I’m also getting annoyed with this issue and spending my time trying to fix it. Please let me know if you get it figured out.

May 1, 2021 2:41 PM in response to Liro89

I have this issue and I have Verizon. My issue is exactly the same as yours. My husband has the same phone and same watch and has not had one issue. I have been through two watches and have reset my phone and watches several times and still having the problem. I’m starting to believe it’s an issue with the phone. I tried what the user below suggested and mine was already off, so it can’t be that. Verizon and Apple just keep recommending a reset, I’m also getting annoyed with this issue and spending my time trying to fix it. Please let me know if you get it figured out.

May 5, 2021 1:48 AM in response to CaraRod

Same issue here but my power saving option is turned off.

One day my watch is connecting to cellular data fine, the next I switch it on and there is no cellular data connection. In the watch app on the iPhone, the cellular data plan appears under "Plans not in use" and the watch>mobile data says "No SIM, No Connection". The only way to fix the issue is to contact my carrier who supply me with a long process to un-pair the watch, request a "sim swap" from them using the watch EID number to have the data plan reinstated onto the eSim, then re-pair the watch and phone.

I have no idea why this is happening.

May 5, 2021 3:41 AM in response to ChristianM1979

ChristianM1979,

Yes! They have done that several times for me too. They finally sent me to Apple Care who had me reset my phone via itunes. That helped until I realized my phone needed another reset and I used the backup through the cloud. I don’t know what else to do, I’ve just haven’t been dealing with it anymore. I almost wonder if they need to replace the phone, bc the watch is not the issue in my eyes since I have been through two and they both did this. It leads me to believe it’s some sort of issue with the phone.

May 5, 2021 3:55 AM in response to CaraRod

I'm not sure what is causing it and my carrier are not very forthcoming with any answers. It definitely is not due to updating either the phone or the watch iOS because this happened to me yesterday and there had been no updates. I'm suspicious it is something to do with the carriers systems kicking the watch eSim off the network rather than my hardware. The only reason I say this is it never used to happen with my previous carrier.

May 5, 2021 5:09 AM in response to CaraRod

after I switched carriers from t-mobile to Verizon, I unfortunately still ended up with the issue. BUT Verizon gave me a couple more things to try. The Power Saving Mode switching off and on that some suggest was never the issue or answer for me. Here are the two steps I hadn’t tried after having unpaired and new sims and new carriers and reboots and more reboots and more sims and more sims (I can’t even tell you how many times on both carriers I went through this). First, while still paired to your phone, go to settings, general, iPhone storage, find “Watch” in the list and open it to “remove all backups”. I had so many back ups stored for so long from both carriers, even though I always set it back up as a new watch, I think it still was having issues because of so many old backups from both carriers and new sims. Next step, (which I tried this step first without removing backups and it worked for a day and then stopped working again until I removed backups and did this step again), unpair your watch and completely remove the “Watch” app from your phone. After it has been deleted, go to the App Store and type in “Watch” and add it back to your phone, then set up your watch again. It won’t have any old backups so it’ll be a brand new watch. Now, I did also have to get a new sim one more time to finish this process (you may or may not have to) but it FINALLY worked and still works MOST of the time. Occasionally it has trouble because it’s trying to use WiFi and I’m out away from WiFi so if I turn WiFi off on the watch it seems to work, but I don’t always have to do that. I hope this helps! Please let me know.

Jul 8, 2021 8:11 PM in response to Gumza

Totally agree! I have US Cellular too. Apple tells me to contact my carrier and US Cell tells me to contact Apple. I have wasted so much time resetting and doing countless other things to get it to work. I am paying $10 a month and can’t even use it regularly. My old phone worked just fine. It’s only since I upgraded to the 12 when this started happening. It’s getting old. With all these issues, I would think Apple would be addressing?

Apple watch 6 cellular series disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.