Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EtreCheck Report

Hey - just looking for assistance deciphering this EtreCheck report. No real issues with the Mac itself, just concerns from the results of the report. I do have Sophos installed and running, and yesterday I installed Bitdefender as a trail as I was considering switching to it, but it just made the Mac hot an the fans run constantly. Uninstalled via the Uninstaller, but it didn't fully uninstall - removed the files from Library/Application Support as directed, but not sure of it's still causing issues.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 6:27 PM

Sophos is repeatedly crashing. I'm sure it isn't giving you any protection in that state.

And something is causing massive levels of I/O and system load. That computer is running about 3 time slower than it should. I can't tell is Sophos or Backblaze is causing this. I suggest removing both.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 6:27 PM in response to TonyCorc

Sophos is repeatedly crashing. I'm sure it isn't giving you any protection in that state.

And something is causing massive levels of I/O and system load. That computer is running about 3 time slower than it should. I can't tell is Sophos or Backblaze is causing this. I suggest removing both.

Dec 7, 2020 7:45 PM in response to TonyCorc

Uninstall both Sophos and Bitdefender by following the developers' instructions. Anti-virus software is not needed on a Mac and it usually causes more problems than it solves plus it impacts system performance. Also you never install more than one AV product at a time as they will end up conflicting with each other.

I am a bit concerned that the report is showing almost 12GB of Swap being used, but the Mac also has not been restarted in 18 days.

Otherwise I don't see any issues.

EtreCheck Report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.