Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Retention iPhone 12 Pro Max

Anyone else have issues with their screen having minor screen retention?

I'm using dark mode on my phone; and when I go from the home page to opening an app (with a lighter color splash screen), I can see my homepage shadow slowly fading away.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 11:21 AM

6 replies

Dec 13, 2020 11:35 AM in response to ptrckw

Hello ptrckw,

It sounds like your Home screen continues to display after opening an application, then it fades away, is that correct? We'd like to look into this with you.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Which iOS version is your iPhone currently running? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  2. Is sounds like this happens only when opening certain applications, is that right? If so, which applications are affected? Does it happen with Apple apps, as well as third-party applications?
  3. Do you have any available app updates? Update apps or use automatic downloads
  4. Were any changes made to your device before this issue began? For example, were any updates installed, or were any settings changed, such as Accessibility settings?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2020 4:08 PM in response to ptrckw

ptrckw,

Thank you for answering our questions.

You mentioned that you have Dark Mode enabled; does the issue also happen when using Light Mode? More about how to manage the Dark Mode and Light Mode settings here: Use Dark Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Since noticing this behavior, has your device been restarted using these steps? Restart your iPhone If so, does the issue seem to resolve temporarily after restarting, or is there no change?

Are any display accommodations enabled on the device? This page outlines how to view and manage the display accommodations: Use display and text size preferences on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thank you!

Screen Retention iPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.