Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp not recognizing Windows 10 iso in Big Sir

I've been struggling with getting Windows 10 installed on a new to me 2017 Macbook pro 15 running latest version Big Sir. (from DEC. 8, 2020) After launching Boot Camp and choosing the partition size, Boot Camp gives me an error saying it does not recognize the Windows 10 ISO file. This is a freshly downloaded file from Microsoft website and placed on my desktop after D/L. It is the 64-bit version and appears to be the only file available from MS on their website. I've tried numerous times. Considering looking for an older ISO but worried about security from alternate source. Does anyone have any ideas or have seen this issue? After searching for hours, it seems like Big Sir is a disaster for Windows Users in one way or another.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 12:06 PM

Doing this or 2 other things may have solved my problem! 1. Instead of keeping the ISO file on my desktop I moved the file to a new folder and pointed to the new folder - in addition.... I didn't realize my power cord was not plugged in fully and I was running on battery ... why these items would cause Boot camp to not recognize the ISO remains a mystery- but I am currently in the windows setup and it appears to be working correctly now,,, THANK YOU LONER T - I appreciate your time and help!!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 12:06 PM in response to Loner T

Doing this or 2 other things may have solved my problem! 1. Instead of keeping the ISO file on my desktop I moved the file to a new folder and pointed to the new folder - in addition.... I didn't realize my power cord was not plugged in fully and I was running on battery ... why these items would cause Boot camp to not recognize the ISO remains a mystery- but I am currently in the windows setup and it appears to be working correctly now,,, THANK YOU LONER T - I appreciate your time and help!!

Boot Camp not recognizing Windows 10 iso in Big Sir

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.