Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Assistant thinks my 64-bit Windows 10 ISO isn't one

I just completely reset and updated my Early 2015 13" MacBook Air to macOS Catalina, and I wanted to install Windows 10.

I downloaded a fresh ISO of 64-bit Windows 10 using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, and yes, I made sure it's 64-bit only and not "32-bit/64-bit" but Boot Camp Assistant thinks the ISO isn't what it needs.

I've searched around on the net and people say to redownload the ISO because it might possibly be corrupt. I've redownloaded the ISO three times now, and it still doesn't work.

The error message is as follows:

---

Need 64-bit WIndows 10 or later ISO file.

Boot Camp only supports 64-bit Windows 10 or later installation on this platform. Please use an ISO file for 64-bit Windows 10 or later installation.

---

Please help.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 6:01 AM

Aersene wrote:

How would I download the full ISO without MCT?

In macOS -> Safari -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO.

Do not use a PC. On a PC, Microsoft detects the browser and uses the MCT. On macOS, it does not.

Similar questions

8 replies

Boot Camp Assistant thinks my 64-bit Windows 10 ISO isn't one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.