Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attachments not sending to non-iPhone Users

Basically I am reiterating a thread that was listed months ago. I am experiencing the same exact problem as another gentleman mentioned.

I CAN send regular text only messages to non iPhones. When I add a word, pdf file, internet link, screenshot or any attachment I CANNOT send the message. Whenever I send an attachment in an iMessage to Android users the message fails to send. This was not always the case but has started since I updated. I've checked all the iMessage settings and everything is fine. It is not the other user’s phone. This started with my last update. Please Apple assist!!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 9:53 AM

Best of luck. I hope you get it resolved.

Just for kicks, try resetting your network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The only thing you'll lose is saved WiFi passwords.

9 replies

Dec 10, 2020 10:54 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

That seems to have worked!!! I just resent an attachment that would not send to the two different people and they sent this time!! Thank you so much for your patience and persistence!! If you dont work for Apple they should be paying you! If you do then you need a BIG Christmas bonus for your time, patience, persistence, knowledge, and professionalism!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Dec 10, 2020 9:37 AM in response to Supermom39

Supermom39 wrote:

Thank you. Ive done all of that. Again I need Apple to assess this. I did not encounter this until my update. No matter what iphone I use I experience this problem.

I'd suggest you contact your carrier again as SMS/MMS are almost entirely controlled by Apple. Your carrier will try very hard, at the basic customer service level, to get you to hang up and try to deal with Apple. It costs them quite a bit of money to move you up the chain to actual tech support. And I know this because I worked for Verizon Wireless for 20 years.

You can certainly contact Apple if you want.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

I'd bet they'll tell you the same thing.

Attachments not sending to non-iPhone Users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.