Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods Gen 2 are not putting out sound

My AirPods Gen 2 are not putting out sound. They just stopped working. 100% charge so they aren’t dead. I’m lost?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 1:01 PM

Hello!

You must reset your AirPods. Here it is the instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209463

6 replies

Dec 10, 2020 1:15 AM in response to dgarren13

Okay then, there is some steps about your problem:

• Make sure that your volume level is not too low. There is an optional setting on iOS device that lets you set a system wide volume limit. This is a maximum level setting. This setting will overrides the Music app volume settings. It is possible that you may have set this too low (this is off by default). To check, go to Settings > Music > Volume Limit.
  • Disconnect your AirPods. On your device, go to the Bluetooth Settings (e.,g, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth) and then tap Forget This Device. And then repair them.
  • Restart your paired device, e.g., iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch etc. Then try again.
  • Disable Automatic Ear Detection to see if this fixes your problem. Simply go to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods and and turn off Automatic Ear Detection.

If everything fails, you may want to talk to an Apple Advisor. To call them, download Apple Support app to your phone, mention your problem and plan a calling.

My AirPods Gen 2 are not putting out sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.