Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error "The video properties of this clip are not standard. To set project properties based on this clip, choose Custom from the Format pop-up menu."

I cannot find the setting to correct this for the life of me. Every time I start a new project and import photos to a new project, I get the error "The video properties of this clip are not standard. To set project properties based on this clip, choose Custom from the Format pop-up menu." Then when I click on the photo in the project library, only half of it is highlighted with the yellow box. Checked import settings and everything looks correct. I'm sure this is an easy fix but really appreciate anyone's help.

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:56 PM

When you click on a still in browser, it makes a selection. The length of this selection is a preference. It defaults to four seconds; you can change it if you which to anything you want. You can also change the length of the still in the project.

Still images are not video. Stills can be pretty much any size or aspect ratio. When you drag a still into a project (unless it's in a standard video frame size and aspect ratio) the application has no idea what you're trying to do. It's asking you what you want to do. Either you can set a standard video preset, or you can select Custom and set any resolution you want and other video essentials such as frame rate, as stills don't actually have a frame rate..

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 4:56 PM in response to Big Jay

When you click on a still in browser, it makes a selection. The length of this selection is a preference. It defaults to four seconds; you can change it if you which to anything you want. You can also change the length of the still in the project.

Still images are not video. Stills can be pretty much any size or aspect ratio. When you drag a still into a project (unless it's in a standard video frame size and aspect ratio) the application has no idea what you're trying to do. It's asking you what you want to do. Either you can set a standard video preset, or you can select Custom and set any resolution you want and other video essentials such as frame rate, as stills don't actually have a frame rate..

Error "The video properties of this clip are not standard. To set project properties based on this clip, choose Custom from the Format pop-up menu."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.