Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kensington Trackball & Big Sur

Just upgraded to Big Sur and now I cannot get the Kensington TrackballWorks driver recognized in System Preferences. When I click on the TrackballWorks icon, I see this message: "Please authorize the TrackballWorks driver in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General by clicking the Allow button."

The General pane of S & P shows "Allow apps downloaded from:" followed by an "App Store" radio button and an "App Store and identified developers" radio button. I've tried toggling the radio buttons both ways. I've reinstalled the Kensington TrackballWorks driver. I've tried the Trackball both on Bluetooth and with the USB dongle. I've powered the Trackball off for the suggested 10 seconds. No luck with any of these. Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:48 PM

In the general tab in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section do you see an allow button after "Apps Store and identified developers" item? My guess is no. I've had similar other software behave the same way. You mentioned you reinstalled, did you uninstall first. I would try removing all the Trackballworks software parts and then reinstalling. I would also contact Kensington's support and see what they say.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 4:48 PM in response to jackfromor

In the general tab in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section do you see an allow button after "Apps Store and identified developers" item? My guess is no. I've had similar other software behave the same way. You mentioned you reinstalled, did you uninstall first. I would try removing all the Trackballworks software parts and then reinstalling. I would also contact Kensington's support and see what they say.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Jan 27, 2021 1:00 PM in response to jackfromor

I just upgraded (???) to Big Sure from Big Sure Developer BETA RC (Release Candidate). Trackball and KW software worked fine in Big Sur BETA RC; It's bricked in Big Sur 11.2. The Mac can "see" the trackball as an attached USB device in the System report, but the cursor doesn't move. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Will try it again as a roll of the mice...

Kensington Trackball & Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.