Related Article: Identify your Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my first generation Apple Watch Sport stop showing the local weather on the face?

My first generation Apple Watch (inherited from my brother-in-law), used to show the weather, but it stopped and it’s just showing dashes instead. How do I get it to show the weather again?

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:11 PM

Hi AppleWatchLuvr,

It looks like you're unable to check the weather on your Apple Watch. Quick access to the weather on your wrist is a great feature. We're glad you reached out for help.

Take a look at the source below and see if the steps to check the weather help with the dashes you see in place of a forecast.

Check the weather on Apple Watch

If the issue continues see if a restart helps with the data.

How to restart your Apple Watch

Have a good day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 12:11 PM in response to AppleWatchLuvr

Hi AppleWatchLuvr,

It looks like you're unable to check the weather on your Apple Watch. Quick access to the weather on your wrist is a great feature. We're glad you reached out for help.

Take a look at the source below and see if the steps to check the weather help with the dashes you see in place of a forecast.

Check the weather on Apple Watch

If the issue continues see if a restart helps with the data.

How to restart your Apple Watch

Have a good day!

Why did my first generation Apple Watch Sport stop showing the local weather on the face?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.