Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.2 Bugs with iPhone 11 Pro Max

iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 14.2 official

I’ve had a few bugs happening to my phone and they are becoming infurriating.

-Flashlight stopped working, turned off in the middle of use. Will not turn on from Lock Screen or control center.

-Camera Flash no longer works.

-Bluetooth earbuds will connect for a grand total of 2 seconds, disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, and so on.

-Bluetooth car stereo, same Disconnect/Reconnect loop.

-Phone will NOT turn off. I hold the volume up and side button as per usual, then slide the shut down slider. Screen goes black, with the clock, WiFi/data, and battery still in the notch. After about 30 seconds a loading ring pops up and then goes back to my home screen. It’s kind of hard to restart the phone to try to mitigate the above issues when you can’t restart the phone.

iOS 14.2 is TRASH. DO NOT UPDATE. Stay where you are.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:32 AM

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 1:32 AM in response to pointblank9957

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

iOS 14.2 Bugs with iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.