Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Bugs since IOS 14 Upgrade

Hi,

last thursday i updated to IOS 14.4.2. Since then, the iphone x started doing weird things.

Vibration doesn't work sometimes.

The iPhone crashes often (especially while watching videos or any other media type) and sometimes restarts from itself.

The Phone does not play ANY sound out of the speakers.

On calls, throu the upper speaker sometimes you hear a loud rustle and the called person, sometimes you hear absolutely nothing. Changing to speaker ends the call.

Youtube videos can't even be played. The video loads the first picture, but does not start.

To sum things up, everything (music, installed apps, phone calls) that plays sounds or videos does not work since the upgrade.

I also read some of the analytic logs on the phone. There are a lot of log files about kernel-panic and other logs about crashes of the mediaserverd.

I tried everything (factory reset, installing new ios version manually, ..) nothing worked.

I'm desperate. Has anyone an idea what to do?

Thank you.

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 12:58 PM

You have already tried many of the things I would have suggested. Maybe it's time to make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for an evaluation and explanation of your options...

Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Multiple Bugs since IOS 14 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.