Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store updates won't recognise Apple ID password

Hi

Can anyone help with this? As of a few weeks ago, if I go to update apps via the App Store, my iPad will not recognise my Apple id password unless I enter it separately for every single app update.

If I go to 'Update all' it asks for my Apple ID and password, I enter it, then it asks again. I enter it again and it asks again and so on. The only way it works is I have to click on update for every single app, one at a time and enter the password each time, which is annoying to say the least

Some info...

1 - the iOS is up to date

2 - it does this with all apps, regardless of whether they are Apple's own apps or third-party

3 - it used to update all with no problem

Any ideas?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:34 AM

Have you checked the settings provided in this support article?:--> Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

3 replies

App Store updates won't recognise Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.