Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone safety

Hi I’m new to apple this week and I use my phone to stream music to my Bluetooth radio at work, how do I stop the phone thinking it’s playing on headphones and turning down to a level you can’t hear it?

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:42 AM

until this is sorted out (or not) you can try turning on the Reduce Loud Sounds in Headphone Safety and limit it to say 75dB and use the volume on the radio to get the sound level you want. You should not get ahead of the 7 day limit

Settings, Sounds and Haptics,

8 replies

Jan 22, 2021 5:05 PM in response to Michael-Barra

Thank you Apple for turning down the music when i’m in the shower. I love not being able to hear my music(: It’s so amazing when I buy a speaker to play music when I am doing things and you automatically turn down my music when I didn’t want you to, I really appreciate it!(: When I am working on a project and you turn it down to the point where I can barely hear it, that also makes me really happy(:

Feb 4, 2021 7:24 PM in response to Michael-Barra

Thank god because this was making me insane while driving the past couple of days. I need to hear my gps and I have my music loud to make sure I am constantly sensory stimulated and also because google even on loud setting and even the Apple Maps on loudest setting are too quiet to hear most of the time. So I’m driving in ice rain, snow flakes the size of bulldozers, and heavy downpours from Minnesota to South Carolina and every ten minutes I’m having to reach out, take my hand off the wheel, and dismiss the notification because it covers the map for one since the pro max is too big to stand up and has to be on its side to be on the dash mount or I get an obstructed view ticket! And then I have to turn the volume back up. I thought Apple had a safety obsession! This headphone safety bull before the update which I will try out tomorrow on the last leg of the journey, causes a huge distracted driving issue!!! Morons.

Headphone safety

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.