Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have OS 10.12.6 and cannot update to newest Keynote. What is problem and how to solve? Thanks.

I have OS 10.12.6, and Keynote 8.1. When I try to update Keynote, nothing happens. Spinning wheel just keeps spinning. Thanks for help.

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 3:32 PM

Play slideshow in window is available in the latest version of Keynote 10.3.8. you will need to upgrade to Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina, your iMac 2013 is compatible with Catalina.

https://www.apple.com/ug/macos/catalina/

If considering Catalina, be aware that older 32 bit applications do not run in Catalina; examples are MS Office 2011 & Photoshop CS6. Also printer manufacturers may not have drivers for Catalina, so do some careful research.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 3:32 PM in response to cyrano7

Play slideshow in window is available in the latest version of Keynote 10.3.8. you will need to upgrade to Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina, your iMac 2013 is compatible with Catalina.

https://www.apple.com/ug/macos/catalina/

If considering Catalina, be aware that older 32 bit applications do not run in Catalina; examples are MS Office 2011 & Photoshop CS6. Also printer manufacturers may not have drivers for Catalina, so do some careful research.

Dec 10, 2020 3:56 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Aha. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive that is free.

Your'e saying that I could:

a) put the Sierra OS on there, and use that when using InDesign

b) put the newest OS on the Mac, and and use at other times?

c) at startup, I would then choose which OS.

I use InDesign every day, and Keynote maybe 3 times a year. So, that might not be worth the effort. However, presuming that someday for some reason I must update the OS, it would be a good idea to do as you have done? Keep the old OS on an external drive?

I have OS 10.12.6 and cannot update to newest Keynote. What is problem and how to solve? Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.