Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I FaceTime a new contact but they can FaceTime me. I am able to FaceTime 2 other contacts with FaceTime

See above question

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 7:25 AM

So, when you open FaceTime, it will not open or access the camera for this particular contact? Have you tried just opening FaceTime and then selecting the contact? See this support document for assistance. If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are trying to make the call from this person's contact page, have you tried deleting the contact and starting over again? Have you had them check to ensure they do not have you blocked?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 7:25 AM in response to ellison1415

So, when you open FaceTime, it will not open or access the camera for this particular contact? Have you tried just opening FaceTime and then selecting the contact? See this support document for assistance. If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are trying to make the call from this person's contact page, have you tried deleting the contact and starting over again? Have you had them check to ensure they do not have you blocked?

Why can’t I FaceTime a new contact but they can FaceTime me. I am able to FaceTime 2 other contacts with FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.