Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone XS Max, the volume on my phone keeps going to max, without me touching it

I'll be listening to music and all of a sudden the volume goes to max on it's own. it keeps happening. i've rebooted, i've turned down the max volume level (as my ear drums were starting to hurt). any thoughts on this issue? I'm running iOS 14.2 ... also, not sure it if's related. but i've purchases earphones on Amazon (non-apple, but apple compliant). i use the earphones a few times, then the blue tooth stops working, it's happen to 3 pairs, independently. i'm hoping this isn't a similar issue Apple had with the software they created that drained the battery on it's earlier phones (6). Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:57 AM

Hey there Dan Horton,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand the volume on your iPhone is changing unexpectedly. We’ll be happy to help with this.

You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far. Go through the steps in this article as they could have an impact on this issue: 

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Also, make sure your iPhone is up to date as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 11:57 AM in response to Dan Horton

Hey there Dan Horton,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand the volume on your iPhone is changing unexpectedly. We’ll be happy to help with this.

You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far. Go through the steps in this article as they could have an impact on this issue: 

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Also, make sure your iPhone is up to date as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

Take care.

IPhone XS Max, the volume on my phone keeps going to max, without me touching it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.