Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro and a Canon MG3222 printer. Since installing OS 11, it does not work. I get an error message. What can I do to fix that?

Does anyone have a solution to the problem? I have a MacBook Pro and a Canon MG3222 printer. Since installing the latest OS 11, the printer does not work. I've tried a few things with no success. There is no printer driver for the new OS version.

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:07 PM

Apple's built-in AirPrint supports the Canon MG3220 and MG3230 devices, and may support your printer without any Canon driver download — even though your specific printer appears to be unsupported by AirPrint.

With the printer powered on and wired/wireless networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, and right-click on your printer icon. Choose Reset printing system… and this will initiate dialogs to re-add your printer with designated driver support. Instead of any Canon drivers, see if AirPrint is offered, and if so, select it, and then re-add the printer. Print something.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:07 PM in response to Festuspe

Apple's built-in AirPrint supports the Canon MG3220 and MG3230 devices, and may support your printer without any Canon driver download — even though your specific printer appears to be unsupported by AirPrint.

With the printer powered on and wired/wireless networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, and right-click on your printer icon. Choose Reset printing system… and this will initiate dialogs to re-add your printer with designated driver support. Instead of any Canon drivers, see if AirPrint is offered, and if so, select it, and then re-add the printer. Print something.

I have a MacBook Pro and a Canon MG3222 printer. Since installing OS 11, it does not work. I get an error message. What can I do to fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.