Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music glitching when watching on streaming sites

I’m not sure if this has been reported but whenever I’m streaming on a site like Netflix or Prime on Safari or the Apple TV app, If I go to the music app, the display bar disappears along with the top menu bar and the dock. Sometimes if I’m on picture on picture mode, the video flickers or stops playing. I’m on a M1 MacBook Pro with Big Sur. I've looked around but haven't seen anything about this bug. Is this happening to others as well?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 8:21 PM

11 replies

Dec 15, 2020 6:18 PM in response to orangedlemon

Hi there orangedlemon,

We understand you're experiencing issues with missing menus and options in the Music app when streaming video, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, restart your MacBook Pro, and check for the issue again: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If the issue persists, start in safe mode, and test for the issue there: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Keep in mind the details below about safe mode:

"Some features might not work in safe mode, such as movie playback in DVD Player, video capture, file sharing, Wi-Fi, some accessibility features, some audio devices, and some devices that connect via USB, Thunderbolt, or FireWire. Accelerated graphics are disabled, which could cause blinking or distortion onscreen during startup."

Also, to determine if the issue is user-specific or system-wide, create a new user account and check for the issue there: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

We hope this helps.

Apple Music glitching when watching on streaming sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.