Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late iPad Pro order

I have ordered iPad Pro 11 since December 4th, 2020, and the order is still in progress.

The money still in my account and apple didn’t charge me yet for the IPad.

It is taking long time to progress as it is more than a week now.

The delivery box shows that it will be delivered from 16 to 21st December.

Should I be worried it will not come on time and cancel the order, or should I wait for it and that is totally normal.

And why does it take so long to complete the order.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 11:58 PM

Folks neither Apple nor the delivery companies take responsibility for the consequences of taking the “estimated delivery” as accurate or a binding guarantee of delivery.  The key word being estimated...

On inquiry, Apple suggested adding at least 15-20 business days (ie one calendar month) to the last day of the “estimated delivery” date during peak times - even without a pandemic.  Add 3-4 additional weeks more for any engraving requests... as that prompts from factory (primarily China) as the product source.

Even in times of pandemic, i agree that its disappointing that Apple doesn’t reflect or advertise more realistic timeframes but they probably know very few customers will return products because they are “late” in arriving.

Order in late October or very early November next time, if you need it by Christmas.... that was my hard lesson learned. 

Best of luck  !

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 11:58 PM in response to Demo

Folks neither Apple nor the delivery companies take responsibility for the consequences of taking the “estimated delivery” as accurate or a binding guarantee of delivery.  The key word being estimated...

On inquiry, Apple suggested adding at least 15-20 business days (ie one calendar month) to the last day of the “estimated delivery” date during peak times - even without a pandemic.  Add 3-4 additional weeks more for any engraving requests... as that prompts from factory (primarily China) as the product source.

Even in times of pandemic, i agree that its disappointing that Apple doesn’t reflect or advertise more realistic timeframes but they probably know very few customers will return products because they are “late” in arriving.

Order in late October or very early November next time, if you need it by Christmas.... that was my hard lesson learned. 

Best of luck  !

Dec 12, 2020 4:17 AM in response to molty210

That sounds about right to me based on to the two orders that I placed. I placed one order on December 1, and it is now showing that it is preparing to ship. It also shows that it should be here by the 16th. The money didn’t come out of my account yet, but the charge is pending now.

Apple is very good about updating shipping progress so be patient. Remember that if you cancel the order now, you will be starting all over again and it will take even longer to get your iPad.

Dec 27, 2020 3:50 AM in response to molty210

That’s great news. My two iPads delivered exactly within the time frame that Apple gave me and both arrived before Christmas as well. I was very pleased about that.

On the other hand, my son ordered a Home Pod Mini that didn’t make it in time and I’m not sure when it will arrive. However, I don’t know what the estimated time frame was supposed to be. I never asked him.

I’m glad to hear that the arrival of your iPad Pro made it for Christmas!

Late iPad Pro order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.