Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro: import media

Hi everyone, I need help. I am dragging a video into Final Cut Pro from my photos, as soon as drop the file it becomes a photo and is not playable. Can you please help me understand what I am doing wrong?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 11:02 AM

I think I see what you're doing. You're picking up the video in the Photos application and then using the App Switcher to go to FCP and dropping it there. That doesn't work. You're only dragging and dropping in Photos library icon. You need to use the Photos browser in FCP to drag and drop to the application events. Or you could connect the camera and import directly from there, which is always best.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 11:02 AM in response to cleycley

I think I see what you're doing. You're picking up the video in the Photos application and then using the App Switcher to go to FCP and dropping it there. That doesn't work. You're only dragging and dropping in Photos library icon. You need to use the Photos browser in FCP to drag and drop to the application events. Or you could connect the camera and import directly from there, which is always best.

Final Cut Pro: import media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.