Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I missing camera settings on my iPhone 11 Pro Max?

I bought this iPhone not too long ago and was excited about the additional camera feature like the capture outside the frame feature.

For some reason I don’t have any of the camera settings described. Attached is a screenshot of my settings under camera and from support articles I’ve read I’m supposed to have options for photo and video capture outside the frame settings and auto adjustments but none of those show under composition or capture.

Can someone help? My phone is updated to 14.2.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 11:12 AM

Hi there AdamHirsch22,

We understand you have a question about the camera settings on your iPhone 11 Pro Max, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Check it out here: About the Camera features on your iPhone

Specifically, review the section below:

"Adjust your focus and exposure

Before you take a photo, the camera automatically sets the focus and exposure, and face detection balances the exposure across many faces. With iOS 14, you can use Exposure Compensation Control to precisely set and lock the exposure for upcoming shots.

Just tap the arrow "^", then tap the circle with a plus and minus in it and adjust your exposure level. The exposure locks until the next time you open the Camera app.

Exposure Compensation Control is available on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and later."

We hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2020 11:12 AM in response to AdamHirsch22

Hi there AdamHirsch22,

We understand you have a question about the camera settings on your iPhone 11 Pro Max, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Check it out here: About the Camera features on your iPhone

Specifically, review the section below:

"Adjust your focus and exposure

Before you take a photo, the camera automatically sets the focus and exposure, and face detection balances the exposure across many faces. With iOS 14, you can use Exposure Compensation Control to precisely set and lock the exposure for upcoming shots.

Just tap the arrow "^", then tap the circle with a plus and minus in it and adjust your exposure level. The exposure locks until the next time you open the Camera app.

Exposure Compensation Control is available on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and later."

We hope this helps.

Why am I missing camera settings on my iPhone 11 Pro Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.