Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max (and iPhone 8+)

Why, when I make a photo album, do I end up with 2 of the same photos?

One photo is moved to the album, and one stays in my photo collection; yet, if I delete one or the other photo, I then have lost BOTH photos.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:08 PM

Hello williejohn2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to know why when you add a photo to a photo album that you still have a copy in your photo collection and when you try to delete one of the photos both photos are deleted. The original photo always stays in your All Photos library. When you sort photos into Albums the photos are not moved to the other albums but just sorted by the albums so it is the same photo that is in All Photos.

Organize and find your photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2020 12:08 PM in response to williejohn2

Hello williejohn2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to know why when you add a photo to a photo album that you still have a copy in your photo collection and when you try to delete one of the photos both photos are deleted. The original photo always stays in your All Photos library. When you sort photos into Albums the photos are not moved to the other albums but just sorted by the albums so it is the same photo that is in All Photos.

Organize and find your photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

iPhone 12 Pro Max (and iPhone 8+)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.