Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing music in Itunes (on computer) and transferring from my Iphone to computer

I would appreciate some help please in response to my silly question (my apology)

I have a big clutter on Itunes (computer) and would like to get rid of it.

I haven't done back up with my iphone for a long time

My music on the iphone is the most recent one and that's what I want to keep.

If I erase my Itunes (computer) music and then connect my Iphone to the computer.

will it work? Will laptop Itunes get all of my iphone music?

Will computer Itunes accept mu iphone music? or will my iphone get whats on the computer

(in this case nothing as it will be erased)

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 4:44 PM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2020 5:06 PM in response to koszka

koszka wrote:

or will my iphone get whats on the computer
(in this case nothing as it will be erased)

Exactly. Syncing is from computer to device, with the exception of iTunes purchases that can be copied in the other direction. If you're determined to do things the hard way see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community, but it might be better to focus on cleaning up your iTunes library in a slightly less destructive way. For example see Duplicate songs in iTunes - Apple Community.

tt2

Erasing music in Itunes (on computer) and transferring from my Iphone to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.