Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store won’t let download a free app unless I do my payment stuff

Okay so when I go to the App Store an try to download a FREE app it won’t let me at all unless I do my payment stuff first an just cause there is no money on my cards right now cause of course I’m broke as **** but anyways it won’t let me download!! Why if the app is FREE????

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 5:52 AM

Without a Valid form of payment you will not be able to download even the FREE Apps. Update your settings to a current DEBIT / CREDIT Card and the issue should go away. Apple will not charge you for FREE Apps.

1 reply

App Store won’t let download a free app unless I do my payment stuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.