Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it showing payment in App Store for free app? I’m not able to download and update my apps

Why am I not able to download or update any app from App Store ?

payment issue occurs frequently for free apps . What is the reason?

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 10:22 PM

If you have an unpaid balance in the App Store or iTunes Store, you might see one of these messages:

• "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Please edit your billing info to correct the problem."
  • "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Click Purchase History to view and correct the problem. If you cancel you will not be able to buy until this billing issue has been resolved."

To resolve this, add a new payment method or update the billing information for your current payment method. Your unpaid balance will be charged. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2021 10:22 PM in response to eshasreesh1212

If you have an unpaid balance in the App Store or iTunes Store, you might see one of these messages:

• "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Please edit your billing info to correct the problem."
  • "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Click Purchase History to view and correct the problem. If you cancel you will not be able to buy until this billing issue has been resolved."

To resolve this, add a new payment method or update the billing information for your current payment method. Your unpaid balance will be charged. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps.

Why is it showing payment in App Store for free app? I’m not able to download and update my apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.