Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina local network problems

After updating my MacPro (late 2013) to Catalina, I can’t see any server on my local network. The folder “network “ from finder looks empty and I can’t connect to my NAS, for example.

any help would be very app reciate.

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 8:25 AM

7 replies

Dec 13, 2020 4:21 PM in response to mauriziofromportici

When you use the wired connection do you get an IP address in the same range?

If you do have you looked at the Advanced settings for that interface? For example is their a Proxy setting in place? One you’ve forgotten about perhaps? Have you ruled out a defective Ethernet cable? Have you tried eliminating a possible defective port on your router? What else have you tried in diagnosing non-internet access for wired connection?

Dec 14, 2020 4:34 AM in response to Antonio Rocco

I saw everything, Advance settings, proxy, bad Ethernet cable, defective port etc, but nothing works. My Pc laptop, wire connected to Lan, access Internet perfectly and sees other devices on LAN (NAS, printers, Sonos etc).

The Parallels virtual machine on my Mac Pro doesn't navigate and can't have an IP address from the router.

Catalina local network problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.